The BRC Global Standard for Food Safety is developed by food industry
experts from retailers, manufacturers and food service organisations to ensure
it is rigorous and detailed, yet easy to understand
BRC Global Standard
First published in 1998, the Standard is now in its seventh issue and is well-established globally. It has evolved with input from many leading global specifiers.
It provides a framework to manage product safety, integrity, legality and quality, and the operational controls for these criteria in the food and food ingredient manufacturing, processing and packing industry. BRC Food Safety can be applied to any food processing or packing operation where open food is handled, processed or packed. This may range from primary products such as fresh produce pack houses and slaughter houses through to processed foods, canneries and high risk, ready to eat products.
Kaizen Strategy provide consultancy services for the establishment, implementation and maintenance of a BRC Food Safety management system. You will be assigned a dedicated consultant who will work with you throughout the implementation process. Your consultant will be responsible for advising you of the requirements and for producing your documented management system in accordance with the requirements of this Standard.
- The importance of management commitment.
- Hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP) based food safety programmes.
- Quality management systems.
- Auditing good manufacturing processes – it's not just a paperwork audit.
- Auditing areas which often have the highest rate of product recalls and withdrawals, such as labelling and packing.
- Developing systems to reduce exposure to food fraud.
- Ensuring consistency of the audit process.
- Providing a BRC Global Standard that is portable enough to allow Additional Modules to be added to reduce audit burden.
- Promoting greater resilience, transparency and traceability in the supply chain.